125 years on and the Happy Birthday tune never tires within our factory walls. And this years celebration is no exception. Cake, sweets and bubbly drinks – we mean lemonade of course – combined with our MD’s New Zealand style BBQ specials, the party’s still swinging.
2015 hails as a massive landmark achievement by Holmes Mann and we’re proud to say, that during the last 125 years, we’ve:
- Survived 2 world wars without letting our spirits drop
- Laughed and cried with Charlie Chaplin, Laurel & Hardy, Tommy Cooper, Monty Python, Spike Milligan, The Young Ones, Mr Bean, Alan Partridge, Vik & Bob, Ali G and so many others, who simply keep the world rotating with their jokes, story telling and sense of brilliant…timing
- Twisted, shouted, dressed strangely and sung along with The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, The Kinks, The Who, Bowie, Queen, Roxy Music, Motorhead, The Jam, The Police, The Clash, Duran Duran, Take That, The Spice Girls (girl power) and err hum, One Direction
- Watched in wonder as cinema brought us classics such as Gone With the Wind, Ben Hur, Wizard of OZ, Vertigo, The Godfather (“…make you an offer you can’t refuse”); Rocky (that’s right, all of them) The Deer Hunter, Star Wars, ET, Raiders of the Lost Ark, The Shawshank Redemption, Lord of the Rings and a cast of thousands to the big screen; now we’re all glued to our box sets like 24, Breaking Bad, Mad Men and Game of Thrones
- Voted many a prime minister in and out of number ten
- Witnessed a moon landing (or did we?)
- Seen a new wave of holiday makers, those that jump on and off aeroplanes like they were buses
- Held our breath every time a new disease reared its ugly head, and sighed with relief when a cure was found
- Dug deep every time a recession was announced but invested heavily when the time was right
- Cheered when England won the World Cup, sadly now we only dream of winning it again
- Scratched our heads and wondered why the ‘latest’ tech devise we bought yesterday, was already out of date today
- Started to accept that occasionally the computer will still say “No” and it’s pointless tearing our hair out
- Stayed faithful to our values, our customers, our people and our home town – Bradford in West Yorkshire.
It’s our birthday, so if we’ve not quite captured the sentiment of time gone by in the list above, we hope you’ll forgive us. What’s important to us is the next quasquicentennial – the name, according to google, given to a 125 year anniversary – and we look forward to a new, exciting tomorrow.
In the meantime, we’ve got orders for bespoke cardboard boxes, cardboard tubes, palettes, packaging machines and other packaging solutions to fulfil. Enough tripping down memory lane for now and back to work we go.